Friday, September 18, 2009

I Dream of Chickenjoy

I was sitting in one of the benches along University St. in front of the Math Building, when in reality, there aren't any benches there. I was with Winson Lim, one of my teammates in IMO 1995 in Canada. In this sequence, he's a Purdue student, when in reality, he's not.

Then came Bernard Chan, holding a plastic bag of fried chicken pieces. Bernard was also a teammate in 1995.

"Where did you get that, Bernard?" I asked.

"I got this from Jollibee."

Ah, Chickenjoy.

"Where?" I followed up.

"Chicago." It sounded like fact even though there's no Jollibee in Chicago. But isn't it that when you dream, anything is possible?

"Here, take some."

I did not hesitate. Winson on the other hand didn't feel like it. That didn't stop me.

Bernard was bringing the whole meal to his dorm room in Beering Hall, which isn't a dorm. His brother and parents were waiting for him to celebrate his graduation. In our real world, he graduated from University of Illinois in Urbana Champaign, not Purdue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home